FINANCIAL MARKET & REFERENCE DATA SPECIALIST
Who we are
Our company is one of the world’s leading insurance groups, and one of the few to operate on a global basis. Our mission is to help our customers understand and protect themselves from risk. With about 55,000 employees serving customers in more than 170 countries, we aspire to become the best global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees. We help individuals, small and medium sized companies and global corporations around the world understand and protect themselves from risk by offering a wide range of insurance products, solutions and advisory services.
The main responsibility of this role is to perform the daily operational processes in terms of financial pricing and reference data maintenance according to globally defined standards and processes.
In this context it is necessary to manage the following points:
– Conduct daily operational and closing tasks in terms of pricing and reference data processing and thereby ensure data accuracy and consistency on the platform by following the defined global standards. .
– Support the review of all monitoring & check processes to ensure a stable quality regarding pricing/reference data and support reviewing process automations and participate actively in enhancing/optimizing those.
– Build up and maintain an excellent and fundamental understanding of all existing instrument types and their specifics (under management) and share this know how with the team mates.
– Collaborate with projects, internal initiatives and country specific customer demands by providing know how and expertise covering financial topics as a subject matter expert and business analyst.
– Support (actively) and conduct documenting processes in terms of process documentation, functional descriptions, business user guides or other manuals.
As a Financial Market & Reference Data Specialist your main responsibilities will involve
– Process all data queries raised by the corresponding regional clients and counterparties in a timely manner
– Monitor automated/manual data maintenance processes and contribute to quality improvements regarding quality checks & monitoring processes
– Ensure accurate & timely Instrument set ups and updates both manual & automated
– Ensure that all country specific requirements regarding pricing and master data tasks are met.
– Support local Operations Teams / Accountants
– Supports establishment, maintenance, validation, description, accessibility, and distribution of high quality data.
– Follow up with third parties to ensure data accuracy and consistency.
-Maintain and enhance regional instrument know how also being able to analyze different scenarios regarding new instrument requirements (in the project as well as the daily business context)
-Align with Asset Managers and Data Vendors to follow up on issues if necessary
– Monitor and report interface problems regarding vendor feeds.
– Conduct all necessary controls defined in the company governance & control framework.
Your Skills and Experience
As a Financial Market & Reference Data Specialist your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
– 3-5 years of practical experience in systems and basic Investment Operations and/or Market & Master data management.
– To have experience with financial markets in general and especially with the treatment of various different types of financial instruments
– To have experience with business analyses and requirements engineering
– To be willing to gain new skills and experiences, but also share your knowledge across the team
– To show commitment to your job and have a shareholder-value oriented mindset
-Deep knowledge of traditional and non traditional financial instruments (Debts, Equities, Money Market) and markets including structured securities
– Solid data management and governance experience
– Investment Systems knowledge is an advantage
– Familiar with terminal products of Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters or similar data vendors
– Good Communication skills
You can apply by clicking on the button “Apply online