Finance Accountant Job Description
We are looking for a Financial Accountant who will be responsible for all aspects of the companys financial records up to statutory accounts including monthly management accounts.
- Preparing monthly management accounts including narrative report on budget variances.
- Review of all business costs & departmental reporting across the business
- Provide Directors/senior management team with answers to ad hoc requests for financial analysis.
- Development, implementation and operation of systems and procedures to ensure integrity of accounting information and safe custody of assets, including procedures to eliminate and detect fraud or theft of company assets.
- Annually, preparation of detailed financial budgets and working closely with budget holders and line managers.
- Attendance at Finance Committee meetings and responsibility for minutes.
- Oversee the production of daily cash flow information and payment plans.
- Ensuring appropriate expenditure records maintained and reporting to our Board as required.
- Maintain a central register of all contracts and ensure funds due are collected/paid in a timely fashion, and all contract conditions are met.
Accounting records/ procedures
- Responsibility for all postings into SUN accounting system (sales ledger, purchase ledger and nominal ledger) and maintenance thereof.
- Maintenance of asset register.
Ensure monthly bank reconciliations are performed and check all control accounts are square including sales ledger, purchase ledger, VAT account, PAYE/NI.
- Checking the accuracy of payroll and payroll annual returns and ensuring timely payments are made to authorities.
- Completion of monthly VAT returns, P11Ds and office for national statistics forms.
- Assisting in preparation of annual accounts file for auditors and drafting statutory accounts other branches.
- To provide any other support that may be required by the Company.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- BA in Finance / Business Administration or Finance related degree.
- At least 5 years of experience as Financial Accountant and/or internal Financial Controller.
- Extended knowledge of accounting and tax legislation.